Calendar of Events
-All events are held inside the function room. Cafe side remains open unless otherwise stated.
-To book your own event, click here
- This event has passed.
Filipino Freethinkers Meetup
May 27, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
We’re spending the meetup in solidarity with the May 28 International Day of Action for Women’s Health!
Venue: 2nd Floor Commune Makati
36 Polaris St. Brgy. Poblacion, Makati City
Directions link: https://www.commune.ph/commute-to-commune/
PWD Friendly? Not really
Date: Sunday May 27, 2018
Time: 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
1. May 28 International Day of Action for Women’s Health http://www.may28.org/
2. What to do with unrepentant sexists we love (or have to live with)
3. What to do with repentant sexists https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/opinion/junot-diaz-metoo.html
4. Why we shouldn’t care whether “the Philippines is ready for abortion” https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2017/jul/10/how-bitter-herbs-and-botched-abortions-kill-three-women-a-day-in-the-philippines
5. Wealth shaming shenanigans https://www.facebook.com/DLSUManilaSecretFiles/posts/1294411464024473
6. Raunchy topic of the Week
After the meetup we usually go for dinner and drinks somewhere nearby. If you’re not a meetup regular and can’t make it for the meetup but would like to go for the post meetup, please indicate on a post in the wall or comment so we can contact you.
Got questions about the meetup? Contact us at 0928 872 0020 / 0920 975 0092
* Newbies are welcome, and admission to the meetup is free. (Note: this does not apply to the food and other activities we may be having)
* Early birds get to play board/video/party games with the group.
* Look for the FF sign (or the group of smart, sexy people).
* There is no required age, religion, philosophy, or IQ level.
* Discussions are informal yet intelligent (most of the time).
* You don’t have to talk; you can just sit in and listen.